To read an overview on the #ChiquitaBowTie contest, please click here.
To view the design template, please click here.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Contest Period. The Contest begins at 8:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time (E.D.T.) on Thursday, March 8, 2012 and ends at 5:00 P.M. (E.S.T.) on Friday, April 6, 2012. The designated computer of Chiquita Brands International, Inc. ("Sponsor") is the official time-keeping device for this contest.
2. Eligibility. Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Entrants must have access to the internet and must be a registered user of Twitter® and must maintain their own Twitter account. Entrants must "follow" the Twitter handle @FdoAguirreCEO prior to submitting his/her design submission.
Officers, directors and employees of the Contest Sponsor, their respective parent and affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as members of the immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, and each of their respective spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited. Entrants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules.
3. To Enter: To enter, send a tweet from your own Twitter account to the Chiquita CEO Twitter Account (@FdoAguirreCEO), following Twitter guidelines, with a photo of your Chiquita Classic BowTie design (the "BowTie Design") as well as the Twitter hashtag #ChiquitaBowTie. The BowTie Design should either be produced on paper using traditional art tools or utilizing computer aided design. In either case, the Entrant shall take a photo of this paper BowTie Design for submission via Twitter.
By entering this Contest, Entrant agrees to grant Sponsor an assignment of all rights in and to the BowTie design submitted, including but not limited to, the rights to publicize and use the BowTie design submitted. The BowTie design will become the official "2012 Chiquita Classic BowTie Design." Completion of a written assignment form will be required, at no further compensation to Entrant before announcement of the winner. Entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to edit, adapt, and publish and manufacture the BowTie Design in any and all media and forms whether existing now or created in the future, but is under no obligation to do so.
There is a limit of 1 submission per person, per account and per household. Entering the Contest via multiple accounts is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each entrant will be identified by the Twitter account they use in the tweet, and only one winner per account will be named. In the event of any dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Twitter account associated with the entry.
If you make or receive "tweets" on your mobile phone, standard text message rates will apply. In order to participate in the Contest without receiving "tweets" on your mobile phone, be sure to deactivate your mobile phone from your Twitter account.
4. Submission Requirements: Sponsor reserves the right to confirm compliance with all Rules including submission requirements.
(a) What must be included in all submissions: - a photo of the paper BowTie Design, as determined by Sponsor (in its sole and absolute discretion) in consultation with the Bow Tie Cause Company, and the Twitter hashtag #ChiquitaBowTie.
(b) What cannot be included in any submission: - Any copyrighted or trademarked material, design or brand names other than those belonging to Sponsor.
- Material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes trademark or copyright infringement.
- Material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion).
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Contest is valid.
5. Judging. All eligible entries submitted and received by 5:00 P.M., Friday, April 6, 2012 E.S.T. will be judged by judges selected by the Sponsor. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
Upon the close of the Contest Period, a total of 1 winner will be chosen by the judges. The basis for the winner's selection will be determined:
- first, by the ability to manufacture the BowTie design,
- then by the design's creativity, symbolic meaning, usage of colors (up to 4), pattern (must be a repetitive pattern), and total design concept.
6. Prize. Winners will receive 4 tickets to the Sunday, September 30, 2012 "Chiquita Classic Golf Tournament" held at The Club at Longview, 8801 Longview Club Drive, Weddington, North Carolina 28173, and $1,000 will be donated to a 501c3 charity organization (located within 60 miles of Charlotte, North Carolina) of winner's choice. The charity selected by the winner cannot be a political, religiously affiliated, or politically controversial institution as determined by the Sponsor. The estimated Retail Value of the prize package is up to $1,500.
The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or portion thereof for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes, fees and any other costs associated with the Prize, as well as all travel or lodging costs to attend the Chiquita Classic. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by the Sponsor. Sponsor undertakes no responsibility to award prizes unclaimed by recipients.
7. Winner Selection and Notification. The winner will be notified by email or Twitter no later than Wednesday, April 11, 2012. In order to be confirmed as the winner, winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor, by 9:00 A.M. E.S.T. on Monday, April 9, 2012 the Assignment and Release form which will be sent with the winner notification.
Should the winner fail to comply with requested procedures by 9:00 A.M. E.S.T. on April 9, 2012, he/she will be disqualified and the next winner in chronological order will be selected.
Winner will be notified of how and where to pick up the prize tickets for the Chiquita Classic and how to designate the charity of his/her choice. This prize includes only the $1,000 donation to the charitable organization of his/her choice and 4 tickets to the golf event and not transportation to and/or lodging in Weddington, North Carolina. Winner must comply with attire and restrictions of the golf event sponsor.
The winner's name will be posted in the press release section of Chiquita.com.
(a) Limitation of Liability. By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Chiquita Brands International, Inc. and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of its respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, and/or a violation of the right to privacy or publicity, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Additionally, all entrants agree to indemnify, release, discharge, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action brought against any of the Released Parties as a result of an entrant's breach of these Contest rules, including without limitation any breach of a third party's intellectual property rights.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any of the following in connection with the Contest: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or votes; or alteration of entries or votes. Sponsor is further not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, fraud by any Entrant, or any combination thereof, including without limitation any injury or damage to Entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials in this Contest.
(b) Conditions. THIS CONTEST IS VOID OUTSIDE THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or on connection with this Contest are hereby excluded and any Entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply in some jurisdictions.
Entries void if the Sponsor determines the entry is non-compliant with these Official Rules or that Entrant has violated these Official Rules in any way. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other Entrant are subject to disqualification from participation in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Such determinations shall be in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
By participating, Entrants and voters also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; and (b) that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. Each Entrant agrees that Sponsor may use his/her design submissions and the Entrant's name, photograph, likeness, city/state and/or voice in any and all publicity or advertising relating to the Contest without further compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law). The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Ohio.
(c) Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. In such event, no prizes will be awarded.
(d) Winner's List. The Winner's name will be available online at twitter.com/FdoAguirreCEO by no later than 11:00 A.M. E.S.T., Wednesday, April 11, 2012 following verification and confirmation of the winner and execution of a written assignment form. Alternatively, for the name of winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Chiquita Corporate Communications
250 E. Fifth St., 29th Floor
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2012 Chiquita Brands L.L.C. All Rights Reserved. TWITTER® and TWEET are trademarks of Twitter, Inc.