Thank you for visiting and using our websites, our social media pages and our applications (“Sites”).
Chiquita respects your right to privacy when you use our Sites or when you interact with us. This Notice explains how and for what purposes we use the information collected about you through our Sites, offline programs, contests and events.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Chiquita respects your privacy rights. Here are our main principles:
- We are committed to protect your privacy and we want to offer you a tailored service.
- We collect personal data for specific purposes based on your consent, our contractual relationship or the legitimate business interests of our company.
- You have the right to access your personal data and ask for correction or deletion, subject to our legal obligations.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
If you wish to know more, read our full Privacy Notice below.
1. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR CONSENT
By using our Sites or by giving us your personal data, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please refrain from using or visiting our Sites or providing personal data.
Chiquita reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time and we will communicate to you any substantial changes.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We only collect personal information that is necessary for a specific purpose or that you provide us with your consent, following your clear actions and behaviors, or for a legal or a legitimate reason.
2.1. As a user, visitor or follower of our brand, a journalist or a partner of us, we may process the following information about you:
What data we collect?
- Personal contact information such as first name, last name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, country, phone number, including location information;
- Information about you in relation to a media company;
- Your comments and user-generated content, including any photos, videos and personal stories that you share with us;
- Your account login information;
- Your profiles on social networks;
- Your preference regarding our products.
Why we collect this data?
- To allow you to create and access your client account;
- To respond to your queries or use it for contests you have entered;
- To contact you for marketing purposes or send you press releases, based on your consent or on a previous interaction with us;
- To combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs and to provide you with better service, including customizing sites and serving you interest-based advertising;
- For security and maintenance of our Sites; for reporting; and for risk, dispute and record management;
- To complete surveys that we use for research purposes, based on your consent;
2.2 As a candidate for a position in our company, we may process the following information about you:
What data we collect?
- Your first name(s), last name, title, gender;
- Full address including city, country and postal code, phone number, e-mail address;
- Work experience and references;
- Any other information contained in your CV, cover letter and other documents that you share with us on a voluntary basis.
Why we collect this data?
- To review your application, based on your submission;
- To allow us to contact you;
- To share your documentation with internal staff or partners who need to access it;
- To verify your references, based on our legitimate interests;
- To use it for other positions with your consent.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data for a specific purpose to any member of the Chiquita Group which means our holding company and its subsidiaries; service providers and media partners; financial institutions, logistic providers, commercial partners, and authorities if so required by law.
We may use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party websites after you leave our Sites, and we may use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Sites. You can read more about it in our Cookie Notice.
These recipients may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the Sites. We require such third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the Sites, to comply with all relevant data protection laws.
4. HOW DO WE STORE, SECURE AND RETAIN DATA
We take all reasonable technical, organizational and legal measures to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorized access or disclosure and against other misuse. Your personal data will not be sold or disclosed to any other third parties except as provided in this Privacy Notice.
When the personal data that we collect is no longer required for the given purpose, or for legal requirements, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
5.1 HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND SEEK ITS CORRECTION
You can request access to the personal data we hold about you by contacting us at privacyUS@chiquita.com. You have the right to tell us if you would like to withdraw your consent, correct, update or delete your personal data in our records or object to any processing. To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details. For this purpose, we may require a copy of an identification document at our discretion.
You may opt-out at any time from marketing communications by following the ‘opt-out’ options provided or by contacting us (privacyUS@chiquita.com). You may also limit the use of tracking technologies (such as cookies for which you can set your browser to warn you before accepting them, or you can simply set it to refuse them).
- For Data Protection Office Germany please contact us at privacyDE@chiquita.com
- For Data Protection Office Italy please contact us at privacyIT@chiquita.com
- For Data Protection Office Netherlands please contact us at privacyNL@chiquita.com
- For Data Protection Office Greece please contact us at privacyGR@chiquita.com
- For Data Protection Office Belgium please contact us at privacyBE@chiquita.com
- For Data Protection Office Sweden please contact us at privacySE@chiquita.com
- For Data Protection Office Finland please contact us at privacyFI@chiquita.com
- For Data Protection Office Switzerland please contact us at privacyCH@chiquita.com
5.2 HOW TO CONTACT US
Chiquita Brands International Sàrl, registered in Switzerland under number CH55010520897, based in La Tuilière 16, 1163 Etoy, Switzerland, acts as “data controller” for the personal data it processes in the framework of this Privacy Notice and for the purposes of collection. Chiquita Europe B. V., is appointed as legal representative in the European Union (Franklinweg 354207 HX, Gorinchem, The Netherlands)
You also have the right to file a complaint to your data protection supervisory authority at any time.
Should you be concerned about a possible interference with your privacy rights or misuse of your personal data by us, or if you have any questions or comments, you can contact our Data Protection Office, by e-mail at privacyUS@chiquita.com; or by regular mail at Chiquita Brands International Sàrl, La Tuilière 16, 1163 Etoy, Switzerland.
Since the use of third-party trackers through our website cannot be fully controlled by us, any specific references to third-party trackers are to be considered indicative. In order to obtain complete information, you are kindly requested to consult the privacy policies of the respective third-party services listed in this document.
Given the objective complexity surrounding tracking technologies, you are encouraged to contact us should you wish to receive any further information on the use of such technologies by our website.
CHANGE LANGUAGE OF THE COOKIE BANNER
If you wish to change the language of the cookie consent screen you need to change your browser language in the settings of the browser. Below can be found instructions on how to do that:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Languages,” click Language.
- Next to the language you’d like to use, click More . …
- Click Display Google Chrome in this language. …
- Restart Chrome to apply the changes.
Switch Firefox to another language
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click Firefox and select Preferences. Click the menu button and select Options/Preferences. Click the menu button. and select Settings.
- In the Language section of the General panel, choose a language in the drop-down menu.
- Restart Firefox.
Use Microsoft Edge in another language
- Go to Settings and more > Settings .
- Select Languages from the Settings list.
- To add a language to the list of Preferred languages, select Add languages.
- Once the language is added, select next to the language, and then choose Display Microsoft Edge in this language
How to change the language in Safari
- Open ‘Apple’ menu.
- Select ‘System Preferences. ‘
- Click on ‘Language & Region’.
- Click the ‘+’ button near the bottom of the “Preferred languages” box.
- Find and select your language.
- Click ‘Add’.
- Drag and drop the language you want to use to the top of the language list.
© 2021 – Chiquita Brands International Sàrl – All rights reserved