The privacy of your personal information is important to Chiquita group (“Chiquita”, “we," “us,” “our”). The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the collection, use, disclosure, transfer and storage of your personal information that you may provide us when using this website (including via any smartphone application or other electronic means) (“the Website”) and related services and also to explain you what Cookies we use.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of creating an account, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting documents. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are not required to do so.
Traffic Data. Through your use of the Website, we may also gather certain information about your use of the Website that does not identify you individually. Generally, this information is collected through "traffic data." We may collect and store such information automatically whenever you interact with the Website. For example, we may collect your IP address, the hostname of your computer, browser information and reference site domain name every time you visit the Website. We may also collect information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information does not, however, contain anything that can personally identify you; it is used to analyze and improve the Website and to provide our customers with a fulfilling Internet experience.
Children’s online privacy. Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, without an adult’s express consent, we never collect or maintain information at our Website from those we actually know are under 16.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Uses of your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Website.
- To improve our Website. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Most browsers accept Cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. The help menu on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new Cookie and how to disable Cookies all together. You can also disable or delete Cookies you have previously accepted if you wish to. However, we recommend that you leave Cookies "turned on" so that we can offer you a better experience on the Website. If you disable Cookies, you may still use the Website, but your browsing experience may be altered.
We use the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are required for the operation of the Website and for you to be able to complete services you ask for. They include, for example, Cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website.
Functional Cookies. These Cookies record information about choices you make on the Website, such as your user name, language or the region you are in. In this way, we are able to personalize your visit to the Website.
Performance Cookies. These “analytical” Cookies allow us to collect information about how visitors use the Website, for example to count visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website. They record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These Cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information is anonymous. This helps us to improve the way the Website works.
Social media Cookies. These Cookies allow you to share Website content with social media platforms (e.g, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). We have no control over these Cookies as they are set by the social media platforms themselves.
Advertisement Cookies. These cookies allow us to deliver tailor-made advertisements to you on third party websites based on your interests in our products and services manifested during your visit on our Website. We do not share information that identifies you. All information is anonymous.
We engage on our Website in interest based advertising, including re-targeting or marketing technology provided by third parties (“Third Party Providers”), such as DoubleClick (a division of Google Ireland Limited / www.doubleclickbygoogle.com) (“DoubleClick”), Google Analytics Advertising Features ( a service of Google Inc.); to analyze your navigation on our Website. Based thereon, we are able to approach you with personalized advertisements. For this purpose, Cookies are stored on your computer. Only anonymized data are collected. The engagement of such technology is in full compliance with the relevant data protection legislations. Thanks to such data we can, for example, approach you with advertisement on third party websites which is personalized according to your interests in our products, e.g. after you have visited our Website and showed interest in a particular series of products, this technology may later show you more information in form of advertisements while surfing on another website. The only goal of engaging this technology is to best adapt the available information to your interests and to make your online experience as informative as possible. You can, however, adjust your browser settings to not store such Cookies and to delete already stored Cookies.
Please find in the following the opt-out functions of the Third Party Providers under the following links: DoubleClick: https://code.google.com/archive/p/google-opt-out-plugin/
Google Analytics Advertising Features: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Anonymous data created by using Google Analytics Advertising Features may be used for demographics and interest reporting as well as network impression reporting.
However, we never use or install spyware on your computer or mobile devices, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer.
How we protect your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any passwords with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Recipient, Disclosure and Retention of your Information
Your personal data is retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected and is stored on a secured servers which is located inside the European Economic Area. The recipient of your personal data is Chiquita Brands International Sàrl, A-One Business Center B4, La Pièce, Rte de l’Etraz, 1180 Rolle, Switzerland.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Chiquita Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. In such case Chiquita will put in place security and privacy measures at group level to ensure an adequate level of data protection irrespective of the geographical location of the group company that may be the recipient of the data (inside or outside the European Union) (such as sharing only anonymized data)
In addition thereto, we may only disclose your personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- In the event you have given us your prior approval to share such information.
- Chiquita has to share such information with third parties in order to provide the service you have requested or to administer the Website (such as our Internet service providers) or activities on our behalf. These third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as Chiquita and comply with the applicable legislation.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If Chiquita or any company of our group is acquired by a third party (substantially all of its assets), in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may share non-personal, non-individual (anonymous) statistics or demographic information in aggregate form with our marketing partners, advertisers or other third-parties for research purposes.
To process your personal data for marketing purpose you have to provide us with your consent. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise that right at any time by contacting us at the address set forth above or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right not to consent to our use of certain Cookies. Please see the section on Cookies for more information on this.
You have the right to access, correct and delete personal data which relates to you which we hold about you, and to object to the processing of such data. You may exercise this right at any time by writing to the address set forth above or contacting us via at email@example.com
This document was last updated on March 21, 2016.